This week so far has been a whirlwind of a week.
I feel like i’m trying to balance the fun summer activities that my kids enjoy, while still squeezing in time for some housework. Lets be honest, with three little ones…the house is always crazy. Anyone else feel that even if you get the house COMPLETELY clean and looking nice, give the kids 15 minutes and it will be back looking to the way it was before?
Oh well, childhood will speed by before we know it. I will miss the sound of laughter and stepping over dress up clothes.
Well today, after a busy morning enjoying the sunshine and swimming with friends, my girls have finally settled in the cool house to make a little snack. Baking is one of my favorite inside activities to do with the girls. It leaves the kitchen a little messy, but they love helping measuring the ingredients.
So today we decided to quickly make a batch of Oatmeal blueberry muffins. Mainly because I had a half of pint of blueberries that I needed to use up, but they always turn out delicious. I am in no way an expert baker. My neighbor Sara is an amazing baker! Hopefully someday I can learn her ways. But for now, I love this recipe because they are easy and turn out nice and big.
Oatmeal Blueberry Muffins
Prep time: 5 Minutes Cook time: 25 minutes Total time: 30 minutes
What you will need: (makes 7-8 large muffins)
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup Greek yogurt (I usually have vanilla on hand)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 White whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Roughly 2/3 fresh blueberries
What to do:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together butter, egg, yogurt, and vanilla until well combined together.
- Add in flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. Stir until well combined.
- Gentle fold in blueberries (save a few to add on top at the end)
- Scoop mixture into a greased muffin pan or muffin liners. fill tins about 3/4 of the way full.
- Press the remaining blueberries on the tops of each muffin. (optional: sprinkle slightly with sugar to make it look pretty)
- Bake for 25 minutes or until nice and golden.
They turn out perfect every time and best of all the girls approved!
MMmmm the blueberries were so juicy and delicious!
Someone even tried to sneak more! #Kidapproved